- This event has passed.
Hunter Education – June 2017
June 4 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm$35 - $95
Learn the essentials of skinning and gutting a deer and then what to do with it when you get home!
From the moment you shoot your animal the clock is ticking. In order to make the most of the meat there are certain steps that need to be undertaken quickly to ensure that you can make the most of the kill.
Richard has been processing Deer for over 20 years – sharing his experience and piles of tips along the way, you will learn a faster, cleaner way to process your deer. Then, once you get it home, the basics of cutting it up ready for the freezer. Along the way, Richard and Kerry will be sharing tips and tricks on hunting, knives and more.
- 8am – Meet and greet – learn a little about Balnagown Hunting and an intro to the day
- 8:15am – Rifles and Knives and gear – what to look for, what you need
- 8:30am – Gut and skin a freshly killed deer – learning a fast, clean and efficient method
- 10:00am – Morning Tea
- 10:30am – Basic butchery with the guys from Country Meat Processors – what to do when you get home and need to break down the animal
- 12:00am – cook and eat what you have just cut up!
- 1:00pm – ends
Bring your knife and a notebook. Morning Tea and Lunch Provided.
We have had a few request from people that they would like to head up the day before and stay at the hut.
If that interests you, then come out the afternoon before the course, spend the evening glassing the Fallow then head back to the hut for dinner and stay the night at the shared lodgings in the hunters hut. A cooked breakfast sets you up for course ahead. There is an extra charge to cover the additional food costs, simply grab extra ‘tickets’ – limited numbers, limited bunk beds.
Include a hunt?
We are, after all, on a hunting block! If you would be interested in going for a hunt either the Saturday before the course, or Sunday afternoon, after the course – just get in touch. We can accommodate you.
7 people are attending Hunter Education – June 2017