The 2-Stage trigger features machined and hardened steel work surfaces milled from A2 tool steel and all three sears are Teflon-nickel coated for added lubricity. The trigger housing and shoe are CNC machined using state-of-the-art robotics and the sears are EDM cut from high-grade solid steel. The trigger housing utilizes an anodized aluminium body and the trigger shoe and safety are carbon nitrided which dramatically increases the surface hardness and wear-resistance properties of the metal.
The Timney 2 Stage Straight Trigger is easily installed with no screws, drilling, or tapping required. By simply removing existing pins, replacing the trigger, and inserting existing pins anyone can replace a trigger on their Remington 700.
Since it was founded in 1946, Timney Triggers has built a reputation based on the quality of its products. Because of the precision machining and workmanship that goes into each Timney product they are The World’s Finest Triggers.™ Each and every Timney Trigger is individually tested and calibrated by hand in the action it was designed for before it’s delivered to the customer’s door.
Timney Triggers are designed to work with Remington 700 actions.
The Bergara rifles use a heavier firing pin spring that limits pull weight adjustability.
This trigger works with these rifles:
- All 700 Actioned clones
- Christensen Arms Carbon One
- Defiance Machine 700 Action
- Les Bear Tactical Bolt Action
- Model 673
- Model 700 200th Ann. LTD. ED.
- Model 700 5-R Series Gen 2
- Model 700 ADL 200th Ann CE
- Model 700 American Wilderness Rifle
- Model 700 BDL
- Model 700 CDL
- Model 700 CDL SF
- Model 700 Long Range
- Model 700 Magpul
- Model 700 Mountain Stainless Steel
- Model 700 Sendero SF II
- Model 700 SPS
- Model 700 SPS Camo
- Model 700 SPS Compact
- Model 700 SPS Stainless
- Model 700 SPS Tactical
- Model 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD
- Model 700 SPS Threaded Barrel
- Model 700 SPS Varmint
- Model 700 Stainless 5-R Mil – Spec
- Model 700 Stainless 5-R Threaded Barrel
- Model 700 Tactical Chassis
- Model 700 Varmint SF
- Model 700 VLS
- Model 700 VTR
- Model 700 VTR Stainless Steel
- Model 700 XCR Compact Tactical
- Model 700 XCR Tactical
- Model 721
- Model 722
- Model 725
- Nesika Tactical Action
- Remington XP-100R
- Sendero Reminton M722
- Sear Engagement – Defined as the movement prior to the trigger breaking.
- Cock the rifle.
- Engage the safety.
- Using a .050 Hex Wrench, turn screw #1 clockwise until it stops.
- Turn screw # 1 counter clockwise 1 flat of the wrench and then lock down the nut. Be sure to keep the wrench in the screw while locking down the nut or it will move. Check the trigger to make sure it doesn’t move while the safety is engaged but the safety should be easy to actuate back and forth.
- Over Travel (Follow Through) – the movement after the trigger fires.
- With the trigger in the fired position use a 5/64 hex wrench to turn the over travel screw #2 clockwise until it stops.
- Turn the overtravel screw counter clockwise 1 flat of the wrench or 1/16 of a turn.
- Pull Weight Adjustment (1st Stage) – weight of the first stage.
- Using a 5/64 hex wrench turn the #3 screw clockwise for increased pull weight and counter clockwise to reduce pull weight.
- First stage pull weight is set at 1 lbs. from the factory but can be adjusted down to 8 oz. or half a pound.
- Pull Weight Adjustment (2nd Stage) – Weight of the second stage.
- Pull weight is set in the factory at 1.5lbs. (This the lowest possible pull weight, it can be adjusted up to 4lbs)
- Pull weight is adjusted using a 5/64 hex wrench to turn Screw # 4 clockwise into the housing. This will adjust the pull weight up from the factory set 1.5lbs.
- To adjust the pull weight back down to 1.5 lbs. turn the screw counter clockwise.